2020 3 Book Holiday Promotion
52 in stock
ADAPT OR DIE
Football is evolving rapidly. Defenses are accelerating their ability to adapt to the no-huddle tempo, the full-field passing attack, and RPO advancements of the modern Offensive passing game. The Offense must adapt or get left behind.
Fortunately, the R4 System continually advances, making an already proven equalizer the decisive weapon to fast-track Offensive adaptability against the modern warfare of Defense. Dub Maddox picks up where he left off with Headset to Helmet. In Adapt or Die, he provides an R4 field manual for coaches and players that provides fundamental tools to improve timing and space creation. Then he reveals how to implement new R4 scheme strategies that drive adaptability through simplicity.
In this book you will learn how to:
- Maximize drop-time advantages with a “toolbox” of quarterback under-center and shotgun drop
- Increase route-side space advantage with a “toolbox” of wide receiver releases
- Apply and execute specific route techniques for the Rhythm, Read, Rush and Release families
- Reduce the number of concepts carried into the game by creating plays within a pass play
- Apply progression platforms that accelerate adaptability for any concept
WHAT IS OPEN?
Technology is changing football. In the history of the game, it has never been easier to gather scheme and strategy information. Top secret plays, game plans, and play call sheets that were once reserved for coaches at the highest-level can easily be found on the internet. Analytics and algorithms fed into super machines are challenging the thought process of traditional game plan and play calling theory. However, the surge of information that is meant to help human decision-making is harming it. Dub Maddox continues the journey from Headset to Helmet and Adapt or Die. In What is Open? he shows coaches and players simple game planning and play calling process that accelerates answers in finding “open.”
In this book you will learn how to:
- Identify key frames of reference that read the reality of space advantage.
- Structure mental models that develop an intuition of open space.
- Implement three core run and pass scheme strategies that every play should possess.
- Include different personnel and formations to increase structural strain on a defense.
- Implement progression platforms that sequence plays into a storyboard format.
- Advance the ability to game plan an opponent using the R4 grid.
- Apply concept grids into a workflow that becomes the R4 play call sheet. …and much more.
FROM HEADSET TO HELMET
Accept the challenge to change your perspective! Coaching quarterbacks “with a headset” demands the QB see the game through your eyes. Coaching “through his helmet”—The R4 Expert System—gets the coach into the QB’s head. There are an infinite number of variables that exist in the pressure-packed position of quarterback decision-making. From coverage recognition to blitz awareness—from protection schemes to impaired pocket-vision to locating throws in hostile space; the stakes have never been higher for signal callers. Like a powerful operating platform for a computer, Dub Maddox and Darin Slack have spent years perfecting the R4 QB Expert System as a powerful quarterback communication tool for today’s offensive coach. Recognized by many as the most innovative solution for overly-complex passing game structures, this system is designed to streamline and structure any scheme it influences. With easy-to-understand logic and simple common sense, Maddox and Slack penetrate the DNA of pass defense with a surgical precision that radically changes your understanding of pass play design, simplifying quarterback decision-making structures, and reducing installation confusion. Reinforce your power to get quarterbacks to Self-Correct, Not Self-Destruct under pressure. What if you could use a single 4-word process that would: — guide every decision a quarterback makes for every pass play in your existing scheme? — reduce the burden on pass protection? — discipline quarterback footwork once and for all? — increase the sense of urgency for every receiver in a route package? — significantly reduce “if-thens” for every pass play? — generate manageable “full field” quarterback reads post snap?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.